Promotion of a patents portfolio
Following the evaluation of your patent portfolio and the regrouping of relevant texts per technology or per application, iPlife experts will recommend a promotion strategy taking into account opportunities and risks.
Several strategies are possible:
Transfer of intellectual property rights,
Licensing patents, know-how, trademarks or models.
Technical and scientific partnership, co-development,
Industrial, commercial cooperation, ...
- Industrial and financial support.
- Strengthen the technical and scientific know-how of R&D centers and promote them,
- Set-up coherent packages of texts (per technology or per application, for example),
- Seek markets concerned by theses packages,
- Prepare technical briefs on the value of the solutions of every package; build-up a licensing proposal brief for partnership or for attack, depending on the objectives,
- You can decide not to exploit yourself your patent portfolio, but to:
"lease" your innovation(s), by licensing a patent to one or several interested companies,
Sell your innovation(s) through a formal sales contract.
Who it may concern
- The owner of a valid patent portfolio (often supervised by a patent agent or firm), which is not or under exploited or which is related to a neglected domain, or forgotten by the owner,
- University laboratories: to promote these patents, or other discoveries still whithout disclosure (application and publication),
- Companies with a patent portfolio insufficiently managed in terms of potential value,
- Companies holding a patent portfolio related to activities already sold or abandoned.
Steps and value proposal
- Technical studies,
- Light reverse engineering, or search for potential infringement,
- Preparation of documents including data on marketed products and financilas aspects,
- Collaboration with IPCs and lawyers specialized in intellectual property rights,
- Recommendation and support regarding proposed steps.